How Beautiful

... are the feet of those who bring good news...

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Awe-tumn



1st Kings 19... "The Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire, and after the fire a still small voice, and it was then Elijah heard it and knew it was the Lord."

God has been a still small voice to me lately. So sweet, so affectionate. I literally have just had glimpses of Him throughout the weeks that are little pieces of His grace to get me through the day. It could be just this time of year, because Missoula is my favorite when the leaves turn color... and I really haven't seen an autumn for two years now... but I'm convinced it goes beyond that. God has just been so present as of late.

I've seen Him in the butterfly I startled whilst heading out my backdoor the other day. I've felt Him when I laughed into the wee hours of the morning whilst playing in the leaves with my friends. I've bumped into Him whilst watching deer pass through a field under a harvest moon. He's been in sunsets and children and on Campus and in silence. He's been amazing, and my prayer is that all of you sense the God-whisper as well. It will revolutionize the way you look at the world.

3 Comments:

At 3:28 PM, Blogger lafalda said...

those trees look amazing! oh annnd the people in front of them:)

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Lance Fisher said...

I love the fall in Missoula. That's a great photo of the little girl with the pumpkin.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger lisa said...

LOVE you! MISS you! you are such a funny chick! next time I'm in the USA can I come vist you???
xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home