How Beautiful

... are the feet of those who bring good news...

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Ponde Replay

Last night the sunset was glorious. The only problem was it didn't have any sound. Do you ever feel like that? Like you need to have music for certain times in your day. A soundtrack so-to-speak... My two good friends from High School and I decided this a long time ago. We had it all planned out... that we would have coordinating songs by which we could have dance parties throughout our day together. Well now we are spread throughout the world, so our playlists may not be the same anymore, but if I really could have a ghetto-blaster magically coordinating tunes with my day, I would have to say the following would be my anthem:
"Beautiful Day" by U2... would you really want to wake up to anyone besides Bono?
...that song by Stevie Knicks "Sings a song, sounds like she's singin' Who-baby-whooo-whooo" (don't know the official name, but pretty sure I sound something like that in the shower)
"Isn't she lovely"... when I'm trying to be presentable for the day.
"Secret agent man"... during my covert operation of applying deodorant... and trying not to get any on my clothing.
"Blues Brother's theme"... when I'm trying to get out the door in a hurry (just decided that tonight, I'm pretty sure I'm in love with John Belushi)
"Killing me softly"... whilst working at the smoothie stand OR
"Let's call the whole thing off"... whilst teaching preschool (simply because half the time I can't tell what they are talking about, but I love them anyway)
"Girl's just wanna have fun"... whilst having a cream soda with my chakitas (and or laughing hysterically over any ridiculous thing we decide to do).
"Quando, Quando, Quando"... anytime I tell someone adios.
"Don't go changing"... when I drive through Missoula.
"Shiny Happy People holding Hands"... when I feel like flipping someone off in traffic.
"Crazy in love" by Beyonce... a simple dance party before dinner never hurt anyone.
"Bolero" by Ravel... during dinner (classical music is supposed to help you digest)
"OOOOHHH Sweet Child of Mine"... for nothing other than eating some chocolate (what suits dessert better than Gun's and Roses!)
"3x5" by John Mayer... anytime I take a picture
"Celebration"... when I'm feeling black (Kool and the Gang could basically rock my world anytime)
"Rains down in Africa"... when I am feeling black and want to hear some great synth
"Do you come from the land down under"... when I'm sentimental for Sydney, and have a hankering for Men at Work
"Dance" by Jamericqui... I definately have to have a dance party everynight... as if I would choose something else to shake my groove thang to...
"Love Song for a Savior"... my favorite song ever, and I've gotta have some Jars in there somewhere.
"Livin on a Prayer"... possily my second favorite song ever and simply a great motto to lie by.

And that's the meat of it all... I'm pretty sure I'd use some really classic 80s stuff for fillers... or the Napoleon Dynomite soundtrack. :)

4 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Blogger emergen-c-man said...

haha most my songs would be 80's songs im an 80's freak.
but heres my list im making it up as I go.
Smoke on the water - when i am in the shower, Magic carpet ride- when i drive my car. "my baby takes the morning train he works from 9to5 and then" - while im at work wishing i had a little cutie to sing that song to me. I love rock and roll whenever i see a goth chick checkin me out, sweet dreams by the eurithmics whenever haha. running down a dream by tom petty whenever i feel like im doing something but not getting anywhere fast, or whenever it rains. Tainted love by soft cell whenever I think of my x gf. there are many many more haha, but thanks for stopping by.
aaron

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger emergen-c-man said...

i couldnt tell that this was a picture with you in it at first, your profile picture looks so different, but after looking through the other photos and cross comparing, then i figured it out. "Oh thats you" ha, aaron

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Lance Fisher said...

I believe you are thinking of Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks. Good song. I like Fleetwood Mac. I need to get their greatest hits album, my parents had it so I never bought it.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger KrystyKay said...

Sorry Mel, I totally meant to put that in there somewhere. Not only would I hear it when I think of you, but also when I'm taking a polaroid...

Love you girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home