How Beautiful

... are the feet of those who bring good news...

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Catch-up

I have been unfaithful, nay, adulterous with devoting time to other things besides blogging recently. I apologize and promise to make it up, for there is much to be said.

First: I started teaching today. I am exhausted this evening. It went well and I have a beautiful class, it just took more out of me than I was prepared to give. Including the 20 minutes it took after school to disinfect all the plastic toys they inserted into their mouth. I had prepared for ABCs, 123s, music, movement and the pledge of allegiance, but forgot to factor poddy breaks, nose blowing and anxiety over parent separation. Needless to say we didn't get through the sign language curriculum I had planned.

Secondly, it was my best friend's birthday Sunday. Happy Birthday beautiful one! I cannot express how grateful I am that you are in my world! I love you dearly!

Third, my life is much brighter since my last entry. Chi Alpha resumes tomorrow and the beautiful people who abandoned me this summer have once again returned to make me laugh and remember that life is a bowl of cherries... sometimes it's just the pits. But I feel so fulfilled when I am working with Chi Alpha. There is something about the demographic of college students that challenges, encourages, motivates and inspires. Most of the time I feel like they are ministering more to me than I to them. And I know deep in my heart that this semester/year is going to be amazing (ugh, I need to expand my adjective vocabulary because I feel that is an insufficient statement.)

Last, but not least, I was just royally blessed by a visit from my Washitonian friend Amy. On a spur of the moment road trip she came to see me for a few days and I honestly hadn't laughed so hard in a long time. She came to Montana in hopes of horseback riding and river rafting and instead got a budget-savvy ride on a carousel and a look into Missoula's not-so-kareoke-friendly night life. But let it be said, I did take her to see Shakespeare, even though it was nothing I planned and we didn't even stay for the whole thing (I believe we partially tamed the shrew). Honestly, Amy has been desperately faithful to me in the hard times... and I pray that I can be half the blessing to her now as she was to me then. (You're in my prayers sister. I love you!)

Okay, now I must go. I literally may sleep for a week... or just find some really great crack before my next onslaught of pre-schoolers. (I was joking. Say no to drugs.)

3 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger emergen-c-man said...

oooh kids are great. its my idea that kids are realy more intelligent then we give them credit for being. the only proof i have is my own child hood, i planned and actualy carried out running away at 3, you can ask any member of my family, i knew what i was doing i knew how to carry it out, some people get mad at me for saying kids in general have to know somewhat of what they are doing. I had intelligence, just not wisdom, i tend to belive i have gained knowledge but not any intelligence since i was 3 haha. i also ran away at 5, 7,9,13,15,18 if you count 18 haha i think i made a habit of trying to run away and seeing how far i could go. the realy sad part is when you run away and no one noticed haha! Eithor I was evil genious or most kids are that intelligent as children.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Lance Fisher said...

I love those XA promo photos! Especially the one with the professor-looking guy holding the cardboard.

Here's a photo of you and Amy.

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger KrystyKay said...

Melanie... perhaps we could meet in the middle... I hear Las Vegas is nice this time of year :)

I LOVE YOU!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home