How Beautiful

... are the feet of those who bring good news...

Friday, August 26, 2005

Rain on my parade

I understand that Montana is in a drought, but does the earth really require precipitation when I'm trying to visit my favorite national park instead of when I'm drearily working in the mall? Doesn't the world and it's willy-nilly weather patterns revolve around me? (please excuse my pathetic attempt at a breed of humor I can't pull off well: sarcasm)

Yesterday my family and I traveled all the way to Glacier National Park only to see absolutely nothing, have a picnic in the rain and tromp around in snow at the peaks visitor's center only to be warned to get off the mountain before they closed the west entrance. It broke my heart. And alas, summer is finally drawing to a close, and suddenly I'm shocked at the loss of all that is tan, hammocked and lazy. Looking back I can honestly say it was a difficult season,however... one of drought spiritually, grief relationally and crazy emotionally. Yet, for all it's worth, I would do it all again (totally took me ten minutes to write that statement)

So here is to autumn and all that comes with it. Let it rain.

1 Comments:

At 9:51 AM, Blogger emergen-c-man said...

i have been there before,(not at glacier national park but a park that was or seemed a waste of time) it was before the time change, where we gain an hour, we went and it closed a half hour later, it it would have been a week later it would have closed hours later, sad.
aaron

 

Post a Comment

<< Home