How Beautiful

... are the feet of those who bring good news...

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Oh Canada!


I left the country this weekend. I had the honor of being a youth leader on a five-day round trip to Canada... and yes, I use the word 'honor' because these guys flippin ROCK! It's been a while since I had such uncanny amounts of fun. These kids seriously made me laugh like nobody's buisness and reminded me what it's like to feel like you can change the world.

We attended a conference in Edmonton and went to like twenty concerts and suddenly I'm a fan of all these punk little Christian bands like Stellar Kart, Thousand Foot Krutch and an artist known as Chris Tomlin (I was already a fan, but now I'm seriously in love). My favorite part was being crammed in a van choc-full of rowdy, sweaty, loud and obnoxious teenagers screaming and dancing and rocking the entire way back to the hotel after each night... then of course the wedgies, fart noises and freshman boys harrassing all the girls on the trip. It makes me so happy! I will be helping out with my youth group this entire summer, so I'm sure I'll have some other stories along the way... stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home