How Beautiful

... are the feet of those who bring good news...

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Move over Chantico


My own self proclaimed nickname of Chicago is "City with the Best drinks EVER". I seriously consumed some of the best beverages while I was here... so buckle up as I elaborate on my encounters.

First of all, this joint had Chocolate stores. Like a ton of them. Chocolate cafes, chocolate shops, I even saw a chocolate lounge... so suprisingly these little jewels had the power to sway me from my ultimate calling (shoe shopping)... don't worry, I'm okay with it. So basically Zach and I stopped often and it was at one small little treasure cove along the stip that I enjoyed a hot chocolate with a shot of peppermint that CHANGED MY LIFE. It gave me much needed warmth to continue along our fridgid sight seeing, and provided a euphoric lift to my peckish tummy. Not since my love affair with Chantico have I exerienced such giddy delight over steamed fluid in a flimsy paper cup.

My next delicious interlude occured at "Cheeseburger in Paradise". That's right... we visited Jimmy Buffet's restaraunt! Praise God for Zach's AWESOME mom who adores the songwriting genius, cause after she found out I was a fan of the 'Margaritaville Meistro' she immediately made plans for us to eat at this fine dining establishment. IT WAS SWEEEEET! Pictured above was my alcohol of choice and it was iterally the most delicious thing I've ever consumed... and quite possibly the prettiest. The night was imacuate. I enjoyed way too much food and then a lovely kereoke rendition of "Sweet Caroline" by Zachary that made me laugh and ultimately cry all the way home. It was beautiful.

2 Comments:

At 11:29 PM, Blogger XAgirl said...

yeah, the little floaty thing in the drink...spooky

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger XAgirl said...

By the way...Absolutely LOVE the new profile pic!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home