How Beautiful

... are the feet of those who bring good news...

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Chica- GO


Alas, my travels are drawing to a close. I am sitting in the Seattle International Airport with a six hour layover, so I reckon it would be sweet if I recounted my visit to Chicago. I shall make three installments... so consider this numer eins: MACH SCHNELL BITTE!

Don't ask me why I just used German. I didn't meet a single Deutsch-er-erin while I was there.

Moving on... my first impression of the giant metropolis is that it was cloudy and cold. Hell is going to be grey. I think cloudy-grey-no-sunshine days are far worse than eternal blackness. If Satan wants to torture souls, he uses clouds... at least in my book, and I'm pretty sure that the weather I experienced in the "windy city" was a insight into what I'll miss out on in hell.

Eternal damnation = perpetual ominous cumulonimbus.

Anyway, Chicago was cold. And grey, but I have to say, walking around the city after dark was AWESOME. Downtown is truly beautiful and really makes you feel sofisticated. Watch out Sarah Jessica... there is a new (chaste) girl in (a totally different) town... Okay, horrible reference. Segment One is complete.