How Beautiful

... are the feet of those who bring good news...

Monday, May 22, 2006

Astaire way to Heaven


I just fell in love with Fred Astaire. I mean seriously the man was a genius. He may be everything I've ever looked for in a guy. Wealthy, well dressed, musical, hilarious and all importantly a phenominal tap dancer... too bad he's like eighty years my senior and passed away when I was three.

I think when I adopt a baby boy (from a nation south of the border) I will name him Diego. But then maybe his middle name will be Fred... Oh, scratch that. Freds are the guys you meet with handlebar mustaches in Flying J truck stops. I'd name him Astaire... Diego Astaire.
Maybe I'd call him Tairey for short.
Or As...oh, scratch that too. No child of mine will have profanity for a nickname.

Anyway, perhaps I will choose NOT to be one of those moms who was obsessed with a deceased movie star when they name their children so that my son won't bear the scars of trying to live up to the glamorous legend that was 'Astaire'. But it's fun to think about and it's fun to be in love...

1 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Rael said...

Cute! I thought about naming my daughter Rembrandt. I read it in a book once. Her nick name was Remie. I don’t like the Rembrandt part so much but I LOVE Remie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home