How Beautiful

... are the feet of those who bring good news...

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Pellet Gun Pleasure

I have been a victim of a number of things in my life: expired Dental Floss, luke warm Mountain Dew, creepy looks from city buskers. None, however has topped my recent experience.

This weekend while I was away at a wedding, my 1995 Dodge Intrepid got vandalized. My driver's window, back seat window and entire rear window was shot out. Completely smashed. Glass EVERYWHERE.

The truly upsetting thing is, what proved to be like 5 seconds of fun for the vandals, took two and a half hours for my parents and I to clean up. Each second that I tediously picked out every piece of glass I thought of how I was going to pay for it. There's no way. I don't have comprehensive insurance, and since it was on the street, our homeowners insurance won't look twice at our situation.

So, now the way I see it: at least my glass is half full (ugh I shouldn't say 'glass' in this instance) but... 1) it happened when it's nice enough for me to ride my bike everywhere) nothing was stolen from my car (CD player etc.) ... 3) it's given me an excellent opportunity to practice forgiveness (grrrr...) 4)at least I wasn't in the vehicle or something equally as morbid. So, in some ways my PLASTIC sippy-cup runneth over.

2 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger Lance Fisher said...

Argh! Vandalism makes me so angry. Especially when crap like this happens to good people like you. Glad to hear that some good has come of it though.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger XAgirl said...

Dental floss expires? Hmmm, that's a new one on me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home