How Beautiful

... are the feet of those who bring good news...

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Mesa-me-happy

Here I am complaining about a Pharmacy, and musing over what to write, when I have a number of things to blog about. Consider this installment one: Arizona.
I had never visited this great arid state before and was pleasantly surprised when I landed there a few weeks ago to spend seven days with my friend. After an enchanting introduction to 115 degrees of delicious perspiration, I got down to business. I was there for one purpose, to preach the Word of God to some adolescent females at a girl's retreat in Pinetop AZ. Those of you who have known me for like three seconds know this is what makes me tick. Seeing young women set free to live pure, amazing, beautiful, divine, Jesus-saturated, whole, lovely, God-enormous lives... and by golly, since I had something to say about it, I was going to encourage them to do so the only way I knew how: making an absolute fool out of myself whilst talking about Jesus and reading the Word of God. To my unabashed surprised... they didn't mind. In fact, they liked me! (insert warm happy fuzzies here)

The retreat was called 'FLOURISH' and although I went to minister to some high school girls, I didn't bargain on having my life changed! Throughout the entire 54 hours we were on this mountain, God showed up big time. Girls shared their stories, they made new friends, they ate lots of chocolate, they prayed with Holy Spirit insight, they decided to live for God, they had revelations of what it was all about, they got intimate with Jesus, they took steps toward freedom, they got an glimpse of who they are: the beautiful daughters of a King who were born to make manifest the glory of God. And SHAZAM! in the meantime, God ruined me for the ordinary. Something like this has to happen in Missoula. Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

At 1:24 AM, Blogger Lance Fisher said...

The best times of ministry are those when God moves and changes everyone around, even the ministers. That's great Krysty. I'm looking forward to more installments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home