How Beautiful

... are the feet of those who bring good news...

Friday, June 10, 2005

how beautiful... are your feet...

To all of those who have stumbled upon this blog with utter appallment at my fetish for feet, be rest assured that although I admire the human anatomy, I don’t adore podiatry. Rather, I have created this site for two reasons. I primarily want to emulate some of the most brilliant people in my world that have inspired and encouraged me to write and/or bare my soul online. Secondly I was sort of looking for an outlet to exergete Isaiah 52:7…so here it goes!

“How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who proclaims peace, who brings glad tidings of good things, who proclaims salvation, who says to Zion, ‘Your God reigns!’”

I have consumed this verse (or this verse has consumed me) for quite some time now. You know why I devour it so? Cause it’s talking about those who simply exude the gospel. I get this picture of salvation seeping from every human who knows Jesus… to the point where the world will simply look on and gasp ‘how beautiful’. All those that worship the King of Heaven are being spoken of in this verse! It’s slightly daunting, because in all honesty, I don’t always feel that I personify the beautiful feet aura.

But I love this thought from John Eldridge on this subject… “Have you thought about (God’s) handling of the gospel? God needs to get a message out to the human race, without which, they will perish…forever. What’s the plan? First, he starts with the most unlikely group ever: a couple of prostitutes, a few fishermen with no better than a second-grade education, a tax collector. Then he passes the ball to us. Unbelievable.”

What a thought, that even though our lives may not be committed to eighty hours of ‘ministry’ each week, there is still a God who believes in us enough to call us out as God-revealers to this generation and the next. It may faintly look like proclaiming “Jesus lives” from Mount Sentinel, or it may look like just being true to your faith around your co-workers. In either case God will no doubt say “You are beautiful!” My meager advice: Just keep stepping in salvation and I guarantee that while you do, you’ll stand honored on both sides of eternity and of you it will be said “Dang, you’ve got some mighty fine feet.”

Just as an aside: This blog may be slightly cheesy. You should grab some crackers and enjoy.

4 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Lance Fisher said...

krysty kay you're awesome! welcome to the blogosphere, consider yourself linked.

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Lance Fisher said...

Again, welcome!

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger LIBRA4D said...

PREDIKSI JP SDY SGP HK
Your style is unique in comparison to other people I’ve read stuff from. Thank you for posting when you’ve got the opportunity, Guess I will just bookmark this page.

 
At 3:14 AM, Blogger LIBRA4D said...

TEBAK ANGKA SDY SGP HK
Perhaps you could write next articles relating to this article. I want to read even more things approximately it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home