How Beautiful

... are the feet of those who bring good news...

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

What a rip off!

So when I first re-entered the United States I was super excited to watch TV again. I'm sorry but dodgey public Australian TV leaves much to be desired for the cultural pop-trend overload found on all 50+ channels delivered to my tube here in the states. What intrigued me most about my re-introduction to channel surfing was the commercials. One in particular. For Walgreens. They left me breathless.
Imagine a perfect world where your neighbors brought you flowers everyday and your house never had a speck of dust. It was Christmas all year round and sugar plums and fairies danced all the time and you never had to go to work or pay your bills. This is seriously what the commercial portrayed. Then it said "In the real world, there's Walgreens". I was gone.
Did Walgreens really have dancing fairies? I was convinced this place was magical. When I heard Missoula was getting one I flipped! I was so excited to go check out this amazing place of luxurious enchantment.
Yesterday was my day. I visited it at the corner of Reserve... but I was sorely disappointed. I'm here to make it known that Walgreen's is a fraud! There was nothing magical about the place, except that maybe it carried four more brands of toothpaste than Target does. I was so upset I left... without any fairy dust, without any flowers, without flying. I just want to let you all know that Walgreens is deceiving and that you shouldn't watch their commercials. They will lead you astray and make you cry. The end.

7 Comments:

At 5:02 PM, Blogger Lance Fisher said...

You should talk to Maria. She loves Walgreens. She used to work at one, and that's the only place she wanted to go in San Fransisco. Maybe she could share with you some of the reasons why it is so great. I have yet to go to our very own Walgreens here in Missoula.

 
At 10:17 PM, Blogger ** said...

i feel kinda the same way about Bib Lots. i will say i'm not a no-brand-name shopper. if it is shiny and says Sony, it's got to be better, right. anyways. Big Lots was dissapointment.


justin

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger KrystyKay said...

Delicious people of the world, I pose but one question. If there was a Krysty-Kay-Mart, would you forsake all others to shop at this centrally located, dirt cheap, free facewash, Sony-only, magical world of convenience?

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger ** said...

def. but i don't live in missoula, you planning on doin gthe franchise thing? kristy, thank you for the sweet words. i feel like my walk isn't what it should be. i can, though, find some strength in the fact that no one's is.

im not in a church at the moment, so i have momentary spurts of walking with God, then i lul back....

much love sister. we all shall have a great reunion in heaven, and i'll get to meet you all(lance, ed, tot, lafalda, and all the rest.) and we can play russian scrabble, and praise the Lord.

much love, again

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger emergen-c-man said...

Hey krystal any relation to mary-kay the make up gal guru, thanks for comming by my blog, i am updating and posting more often, thanks once again.
Aaron

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger emergen-c-man said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger emergen-c-man said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home